I am currently the Research Manager of the Biomedical and Clinical Informatics Lab at the University of Michigan, under the direction of Kayvan Najarian. Previously, I was a Ph.D. student at The Graduate Center, CUNY; as well as the Infrastructure Manager of the Westport Public Schools.
My research interests are in theoretical computer science, with a focus on machine learning, cryptography, and computational group theory, and well as computational medicine and computer networking/network security.
- J. Gryak, D. Kahrobaei, C. Martinez-Perez, On The Conjugacy Problem in Certain Metabelian Groups, Glasgow Mathematical Journal, Cambridge University Press (preprint)
- J. Gryak, R. Haralick, D. Kahrobaei, Solving the Conjugacy Decision Problem via Machine Learning, Experimental Mathematics, Taylor and Francis (preprint)
- J. Gryak, D. Kahrobaei, The Status of Polycyclic Group-Based Cryptography: A Survey and Open Problems, Groups Complexity Cryptology, De Gruyter, Volume 8, Issue 2, 171--186 (2016) (preprint)
- Z. Li, H. Derksen, J.Gryak, H. Ghanbari, P. Gunaratne, K. Najarian, Atrial Fibrillation Prediction using Recordings from Portable Devices, Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2018 Jul.
- S. Ansari, J. Gryak, K. Najarian, Noise Detection in Electrocardiography Signal for Robust Heart Rate Variability Analysis: A Deep Learning Approach, Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2018 Jul.
- A. Nguyen, S. Ansari, M. Hooshmand, K. Lin, H. Ghanbari, J. Gryak, K. Najarian, Comparative Study on Heart Rate Variability Analysis for Atrial Fibrillation Detection in Short Single-Lead ECG Recordings, Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2018 Jul.
- H. Yao, W. Zhang, R. Malhan, J. Gryak, K. Najarian, Filter-Pruned 3D Convolutional Neural Network for Drowsiness Detection, Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2018 Jul.
- H. Yao, C. Williamson, S.M.R. Soroushmehr, J. Gryak, K. Najarian, Hematoma Segmentation Using Dilated Convolutional Neural Network, Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2018 Jul.
- M. Hooshmand, S.M.R. Soroushmehr, C. Williamson, J. Gryak, K. Najarian, Automatic Midline Shift Detection in Traumatic Brain Injury, Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2018 Jul.
- N. Farzaneh, S.M.R. Soroushmehr, H. Patel, A. Wood, J. Gryak, D. Fessell, K. Najarian, Automated Kidney Segmentation for Traumatic Injured Patients through Ensemble Learning and Active, Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2018 Jul.
- A. Wood, S.M.R. Soroushmehr, N. Farzaneh, K. Ward, D. Fessell, J. Gryak, K. Najarian, Fully Automated Spleen Localization and Segmentation Using Machine Learning and 3D Active Contours, Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2018 Jul.
- R. Shen, Z. Li, L. Zhang, Y. Hua, M. Mao, Z. Li, Z. Cai, Y. Qiu, J. Gryak, K. Najarian, Osteosarcoma Patients Classification Using Plain X-Rays and Metabolomic Data, Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2018 Jul.
- A. Gribov, K. Horan, J. Gryak, D. Kahrobaei, V. Shpilrain, S.M.R. Soroushmehr, K. Najarian, Medical Diagnostics Based on Encrypted Medical Data, Submitted
- H. Yao, J. Gryak, A. Attili, H. Derksen, K. Najarian, Automatic Left Ventricle Segmentation Using Dilated and Adversarial Convolutional Neural Network, Submitted
- J. Gryak, Solving Algorithmic Problems in Finitely Presented Groups via Machine Learning, City University of New York, April 2017